Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Project: Look Good Naked-Day 2

So after eating a metabolism boosting breakfast, I'm usually getting hungry around 10ish.  Then after lunch, I'm usually starving by 3.  As we have all heard, it's better to eat 4-5 small meals rather than 3 big ones.  So this includes 1-2 healthy snacks a day.  A few of my favorite I've found in my stash-o-mags all come from Family Circle.

Snacks: 1. Cheese and crackers-1 part skim string cheese stick; 5 regular triscuits. (180 cal; 10 g fat; 3 g fiber)
2. Frozen Fruit Treat-1 cup frozen mango (or other frozen fruit) cut into chunks with 1/2 cup fat-free whipped topping. (180 cal; 0 g fat; 4 g fiber)
3. Applesauce and graham crackers- 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce (maybe Mott's Healthy Harvest) and 3 graham cracker squares. (140 cal; 2 g fat)

The cheese and crackers and applesauce/graham crackers are easy to take to work.  The fruit and cool-whip is something kid's like too.  None of it goes to waste.

Really any kind of low-calorie snack can help keep your blood sugar from dropping so low you start shaking.  That's usually when I make the drive-thru at McD's and see just how many fries I can get down before I hit the door of my house.  So I also keep those little 100 calorie Microwaveable Kettle Corn packets around.

No comments:

Post a Comment