Friday, February 11, 2011

Clutter remedies

Here are two tips I recently found and I've decided to put them together:

If your kids are in the habit of scattering things all over the house, designate a common spot to stockpile items like MP3 players and textbooks. You can leave "goes back to your bedrom" baskets at the bottom of the stairs or wherever. Before kids are allowed to watch TV or surf the Web at night, their containers need to be emptied and put away.

Put those flat rectangular hanging baskets by the door on a decorative hook. One for each family member complete with a cute initial on the front and a pretty liner. Not only will you have a station for items like keys, but kids can load in after school items and carry their baskets to their rooms to empty. Also, you can put things in there that need to go to work or school so you won't forget them in the morning. it's like multi-functional.

I didn't really like the idea of leaving a basket on the ground, it would end up all over my house if I'm being honest, so I love the idea of having it hanging on the wall like an entryway catch all.  I'm totally doing this.


Better Homes and Gardens January 2008
Family Circle February 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment