Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Project LGN: More on breakfast

I just read last night that skipping breakfast releases a hormone in our bodies that makes us crave sweets.  MAKES US CRAVE SWEETS!! As if we as women need anymore reason to crave sweets.  My breakfast of choice the past couple of days has been a bagel-egg-cheese sandwich.  It's pretty good.  You "fry" an egg in cooking spray put it on a whole-grain bagel with a piece of cheese.  It's 240 calories and very very filling (and for my weight watcher friends I think it's 6 points if I'm calculating correctly).  I've been eating this at 7:15 and am still not hungry by 10:15 when I have a snack.  But I found these cool new bagels that I'm totally in love with.  Nature's Own has thin bagels.  THIN!!  That's perfect for me.  I can never finish a whole bagel because let's be honest about those whole wheat bagels, they taste a little bit like cardboard.  But the thin ones aren't near as intense.  They are actually kinda tasty.  Also they are 110 calories cheaper.  So, ya know, win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment