Thursday, February 24, 2011

Project LGN: Greek Yogurt

I need to discuss something I have just discovered thanks to Family Circle magazine.  It is the weight-loss goddess: Greek Yogurt.  Let me list the reasons I have fallen in love with this little pound dropping miracle:

1. First and foremost, it tastes pretty amazing.  It's thicker than your average yogurt and creamier. It has a creme brulee consistency.  (don't misunderstand-it tastes nothing like creme brulee, that would be incredible).  I've tried two flavors: strawberry and honey.  That's right-honey.  Both were very good.  Greek yogurt does not mix its flavors in with the yogurt, it's either on top or bottom, which gives the eater the opportinity to add as much or as little of the flavor as they want.

2.  I loathe artificial sweeteners.  All of them.  They all taste horrible and are even worse for you.  Greek uses sugar.  Real sugar, but somehow has less grams of sugar than a Yoplait yogurt.  Go figure.

3.  Packed full of Protein.  A Yoplait yogurt has 5 grams of protein.  A Greek yogurt has.....wait for it........... 12 grams of protein.  More than double the amount of protein.  That is freaking incredible.  Protein is so pivotal to weight loss. 

4.  Totally fills me up.  I could probably eat one for lunch and that's it, but I don't even have to when I'm watching calories.  I can eat it as a snack and am forcing myself to eat the next meal which means I eat way less.  bonus.

5. Lower calories.  The regular Yoplait Yogurt (not the light one, which I don't eat cause the artificial sweeteners remember) has 180 calories.  Fine for a snack, maybe a little high for the amount of protein it offers.  Greek has 150 calories.  And I rarely eat the whole thing, cause I'm full.

I highly recommend buying a few the next time you shop just to try them out.  I bought Dannon and thought it was pretty good.

Results:
Long term goal: 38 pounds by Dec. 31
Short term goal: 10 pounds by May 1
Total weight loss: 2.2 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment