Sunday, February 27, 2011

A More Efficient Laundry Room

I don't have alot of space in my laundry room.  I've got two cabinets over my washer and dryer and no where else to put anything free standing or it will block the dryer doors, the pantry and the guest bath.  I've run across some tips I thought were really good for me and some that were good, but wouldn't work for me.  I posted many of them in both categories for anyone who might need them.

  • Get a clear canister for your powdered detergent.  This is prettier, a better fit for many shelves and cabinets, and shows you when you're running low at a glance.
  • Catch loose change and other pocket treasure in a ar. (House rule: Mom keeps the silver)
  • Stack dryer sheets in a shallow dish-it's easier than grabbing them out of the box, plus they scent the air.
  • Keep a spray bottle of water handy.  Mist a wrinkled shirt, fluff it in the dryer for five minutes, and you just might not have to iron.
  • Instead of a free standing ironing board, get one you can mount to the wall or to the back of the door.  You will free up some space and make it more convenient to iron all at the same time.
Better Homes and Gardens, March 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment