Monday, February 14, 2011

Project: LGN

I'm starting this week out new.  The snow last week absolutely killed my workout and my eating habits.  I tried eating better over the weekend, and did pretty good.  I actually lost 0.8 pounds, which isn't much but considering I didn't exercise but 1 day last week, then it's totally better than gaining.  I went to workout this morning and feel like I can definitely work out 5 times this week no problem, so we will see how the weight looks next Monday.

I did this new elliptical machine at the gym this morning.....um, ouch.  It isn't your average Joe elliptical, it actually hurts.  I felt like I was going super slow, but every muscle in my leg was in pain after 3 minutes.  I thought no way am I going to be able to do this for very long.  Luckily I got in the zone and was able to eek out 20 minutes, but I was absolutely exhausted.  I'm usually good with like 45 minutes on an elliptical, but apparently not this one.  I shall name him Lucifer.  He shall be my greatest foe at the gym.

Long term goal: 38 pounds by Dec. 31
Short term goal: 10 pounds by May 1
Total weight loss: 0.8 pounds

Dinner:
Ok on to food, I'm posting some dinner options that caught my eye in Family Circle, hope you like them to.  I love that they give you a fast food option, and I totally ate this particular one the other day because if I didn't eat right then I would have wrecked my car.  So being forced to drive through taco bell could have been disastrous but because of this little tip, it worked out ok.  I mean not only did I get the satisfaction of eating some grease,  I also got sweet yumminess in the form of twists.....holla.  All that without going over 500 calories:

1.Three cheese ziti: Weight Watchers Smart Ones Three Cheese Ziti Marinara; 2 cups baby spinach topped with 1/2 cup sliced strawberries and 2 T each walnuts and low-fat balsamic vinaigrette; 1 wedge cantaloupe (480 cal; 18 g fat; 10 g fiber)
2. Pork Chop Meal: 4-oz baked center-cut pork chop; 1 med baked sweet potato with 2 tsp margarine; 1 cup steamed green beans with 1 T slivered almonds; 1 cup skim milk; 1 wedge honeydew (513 cal; 13 g fat; 10 g fiber)
3. ON-THE-GO: 2 Fresco Crunchy Tacos from Taco Bell; 1 Cinnamon Twist; 1 diet soda or water (470 cal; 21 g fat; 7 g fiber)
4. Grilled Salmon: 3 oz salmon and 6 asparagus spears, tossed in 1 tsp olive oil, grilled; 1 med ear of corn with 2 tsp margarine; 1-oz whole-grain roll (500 cal; 23 g fat; 12 g fiber)

Options 2 and 4 seemed like something you could actually cook your family and maybe add another carb-laden veggie to the mix for them, Option 1 is a solo meal for sure.

Family Circle July 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment