Friday, March 18, 2011

Bring on Spring--part1

I love the beginning of each season.  The welcomed change of temperature, the new smells in the air, the memories each season brings back, and of course the decorating.  Spring is no different.  Now we can start worrying about our tans, our waistlines, cute spring clothes and colors, and of course the dreaded spring cleaning.  Thankfully our generation has Martha Stewart to help us through the cleaning part which I will get to in my "Bring on Spring--part 2" post coming soon.  For now, let's focus on the super fun part of spring: NEW STUFF!!

I've found a ton of cute ideas and potential purchases in magazines so far this spring and I can't wait to pass them on.

  • Super cute flower dress from Simply Vera.  Meshing all the popular spring colors: sun yellow, cobalt, a hint of purple *smile*.  Best part: it's actually on sale at Kohl's right now for $48 (reg. $68) Better Homes and Gardens April 2011
Simply Vera Vera Wang Floral Embellished Shift Dress
  • Ponytail weather!!!  Two 15-year old girls have designed their own line of hair ties that won't rip or dent your hair.  On top of that, they give a portion of their proceeds to Operation Smile. Check them out at emi-jay.com Better Homes and Gardens April 2011Emi-Jay Hair Ties & Headbands
  • Spring is when I start looking at changing out my make-up.  Throwing out the old stuff, getting some new shades, maybe a little tanner?  Saw these super cute make-up brushes and can't wait to go get them.  Sonia Kashuk's (designs for Target) high-quality/low-cost brushes in a gorgeous cobalt-colored tile print.  5-piece set for $15.  They are not out yet, but you can pre-order them on line: http://www.target.com/Sonia-Kashuk-Brush-Set-piece Better Homes April 2011
  • Fitness!!  Springtime is the time to get skinny right? April 7th is National Start Walking Day.  You can find new local routes to walk in USA Track & Field's database--just search by city and state and check it out (or share your own route). www.usatf.org Better Homes April 2011
  • Easter craft.  Ok, I'm not personally gonna do this one, but I am totally intrigued and am dying for someone to try it and let me know:  Line your Easter basket with cellophane, add vermiculite (available at garden stores), sprinkle grass seeds, and mist with water.  Sprouts should appear in 10 days and Voila! real grass in your basket....sure beats that fake stuff I feel I'm still vacuuming up in July. Better Homes April 2011
  • Spring decor craft.  The in color for Spring decorating.....Lilac!!!  woo hoo for Purple.  Love this idea, Baby-food jars become gingham-banded, light-infused hanging vases for pansies.  Suspend in a window at staggered heights using craft wire and ribbon.  *love*Good Housekeeping April 2011

That's all I have time for, but I could go on and on.  And may do a part 3.  We shall see. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I really want to try the craft idea and see if grass really grows! I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete