Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bento lunches

This has absolutely nothing to do with magazines, but it is something that should be in one.  Bento lunches for our kiddos.  I am totally sold.  I have been bitten by the bento bug.  What's a bento you say?  Well I didn't know either so let me explain:

A bento lunch is a compact, balanced, visually appealing meal packed in a box. Historically, it’s a Japanese box lunch of smaller portions but big variety.
Um....those are boiled eggs!!

These are so cute I can't stand it, and I love love love the no baggie approach.  I was just thinking this week as I was packing crackers into the 4th baggie of his lunch how I wish there was a better way.  My favorite website about the bento lunches where I got these two pictures is www.anotherlunch.com. You just wait.  Pretty soon I'll be posting pics of my own bento lunches that I've made for my preschooler.  Can't wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment