Sunday, November 10, 2013

Punkins!!!

Pumpkins are awesome.  They taste good, they are awesome for decorating, they taste good and they are in season for home decor for 2-3 months!!  And did I mention they taste good? The spice, the cinnamon, the yummy yummy coffee...But that's a separate entry! Tonight, I want to talk about the decorating.

Every year I look forward to the pumpkin covered magazine covers that come in the mail every September, October and November.  And it seems like every year the pumpkins get more and more unique and fun. I'm not talking about Jack-o-lanterns.  Those are fun, yes, but they are strictly Halloween decor.  I'm talking about all the wonderful things you can do to a gourd without cutting them open.

Owls with sunflower seeds

multi-colored sequins
 This year, I saw the most adorable owl made out of a pumpkin and sunflower seeds in Every Day with Rachael Ray's October 2013 edition.  On the same page was a fantastically chic gold-sequined covered pumpkin.  This got me looking online for more ideas like this.

The owl pumpkins in Rachael Ray use anise pods in the middle of the sunflower seed eyes and its perfect! And her sequined pumpkin was solid gold and gorgeous! And of course, I'm always a huge fan of making my Halloween Jack-o-lantern a fall planter by simply turning it around and adding mums! I'll be using some of these inside on my table or mantle. I hope you have fun this year making your pumpkins look amazing!
layered gold sequins

sequin stripes


No comments:

Post a Comment