Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pinterest Challenge Day 2

Citrus-glazed Salmon and Avocado Salsa


My second pinterest recipe had a lot of potential.  I love Salmon and I love Avocado.  This recipe came from the Eating Well Living Thin blog here: eatingwelllivingthin.wordpress.com. Please click on the link to view the recipe.

Ok, making this was super easy.  It took very little time and very little effort. However, it wasn't my favorite.  First of all, let me just say that the Salmon and flavor of the glaze was amazing.  I kind of wish I had just stopped there.  The salsa was weird.  I don't think oranges and avocados are complementing flavors.  This is strictly my opinion though, because my husband thought they meshed well.  He really liked the flavors together. But we both agree that there were WAY too many onions in the recipe.  I like red onions just as much as the next person, but every bite seemed to be overpowered by the raw crunch of them.  I did like the heat of it.  It made it seem more like salsa than just a salad.  And this meal doesn't keep well for leftovers.


Scorecard:
Ease of Preparation: A
Flavor: Salmon-A, Salsa-C-
Margin  for Error: B
Leftover Appeal: C
Overall Appeal: C+


No comments:

Post a Comment