Friday, April 6, 2012

Pinterest Challenge: Day 1

Crock Pot Orange Chicken


I pinned this recipe from a blog called "The Pursuit of Happiness" team-t-adventures.blogspot.com. So to find the recipe for orange chicken, please refer to the above blog.

Ok, it started off fine. what I was cooking looked just like the pictures on Ms. Lisa's blog.  I'm nearing the end of the crock pot session and decided to start the rice.  While playing on the blog-site, I boiled over my rice.  Maybe the internet is to blame for my cooking skills declining.  At least that's what I'll tell myself.  My chicken is not looking much like hers now.  It seems really runny.  I'll give it another half hour in the crock pot and see how it turns out.

Half hour finished and here's the verdict: Pretty good.  It's a hair tangy, but I may have put in a little more OJ than I should have.  My husband said the chicken was really tender and it was really good.  He'd like for me to add pineapple chunks to it next time, so I will try that. Even my crazy picky 5 year old liked it.

Scorecard:
Ease of Preparation: B+
Flavor: B
Margin  for Error: B
Overall Appeal: B+

Day 1 finished Pinterest Challenge finished....pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment